- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex NZ
- Job Reference:TLG/34837
- Closing Date:20 Mar 2024
Laminex New Zealand is part of the Fletcher Building group with two manufacturing sites in Hamilton and Taupo, distribution centres in Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch, and 9 sales branches nationwide.
Our Hamilton plant has been making Melteca board for over 40 years and you’ll find Melteca in your home, schools, hospitals, retirement villages, and commercial buildings. It is a product that Kiwis love for generations and an environmentally sustainably product to be proud of.
Being part of Fletcher Building you will have access to a wide range of great benefits including parental leave, education fund grants for you and your immediate family, employee recognition programmes, great team environment that includes family days, site BBQs, great discounts with retailers and much more.
Here’s what we are looking for:
Our Hamilton site is looking for an upbeat, positive and reliable person to join our team in a Machine Operator position. At our plant we pride ourselves on working in a clean factory where safety and teamwork come first. We all go home safely to our family and friends as one team.
Ideally you’ll have experience operating fixed plant in a manufacturing, construction or warehousing environment with mechanical aptitude as you will be working around large and technical plant & machinery.
Key to your success is:
- Positive, can do attitude is an absolute must!
- Strong Health & Safety awareness with the ability to follow processes and systems
- Good attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Preferred Class 1 Full Drivers Licence, and Forklift Licence (although we can provide training)
Our shifts are 4 days on, 4 days off - 2 days shifts 7am to 7pm then 2 night shifts 7pm to 7am.
Here is what we can offer:
- $27 ph starting rate plus the opportunity to do overtime to increase earnings
- Job security in a well-established and growing company
- On the job training - you succeed & so do we!
- Skills based pay – you learn and earn as you go
- Secure free onsite car parking, and other perks that are associated with being part of Fletcher Building.
To ensure yours and other safety we do require pre-employment medical testing and a criminal history clearance. Please only apply if you are legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
So what are you waiting for? If you believe you can take this role on and be a big part of an inclusive, diverse and fun-loving team then apply now!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.