- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Comfortech
- Job Reference:CMT/34839
- Closing Date:26 Feb 2024
Comfortech Building Performance Solutions™ is the result of two locally owned and operated companies (Tasman Insulation and Forman Building Systems) uniting 170 years of experience, history and expertise in insulation and building systems expertise under one roof. Pink®Batts®, one of our product brands is an iconic kiwi brand we have been manufacturing for over 60 years.
Our world-class manufacturing facility in Penrose runs 24/7 where we make sustainable, top-quality insulation products. Our H&S culture makes us one of the safest manufacturing sites at Fletcher Building and three-quarters of our production team have been with us for over ten years because they love working here.
What's in it for you:
- Guaranteed weekly pay ($28 - $35 per hour)
- Annual production bonus'
- A close-knit team that gets on well and loves the business
- Free parking.
We are looking for a production operator who is technically competent and skilled in working with automated machinery.
The role is on our wool-line and covers a range of responsibilities to make sure our products meet the specifications and standards identified in our ISO9000 quality system and to ensure quality and production data is recorded accurately.
Key responsibilities include:
- Operating modern product handling and packing equipment
- Setting up and monitoring automated machinery
- Troubleshooting machinery / automation issues
- Assisting the Team Leader with product changes
- Maintaining housekeeping standards in the wool-line area
- A leader of safe working practices and Health & Safety culture;
- Someone who wants to learn, advance and become a leader of people;
- Reliable and can do a 12-hour shift pattern of two-days, two nights - four days off
- Technically capable;
- Pick things up quickly;
- Have a good level of English with great communication skills;
- Two years’ previous production experience essential;
Applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which include a Criminal History check, medical check and drug & alcohol testing.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.