- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/34954
- Closing Date:29 Feb 2024
The Green Team at our branch in Hamilton are looking for a permanent full time Operator to join the Chipseal Crew.
Come join the Higgins family:
- Competitive hourly rate + guaranteed 40 hours per week
- Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
- Opportunity to upskill and gain further licences
- Join a supportive team that treat each other like Whānau
- Ongoing training and development to help you reach your career goals
- Career development – opportunities to grow your career at Higgins and the wider Fletcher Building group of businesses
- Access to Fletchers Building Benefits Programme, including:
- A brand-new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
- FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds
- A significant portfolio of retail benefits across major NZ businesses such as ANZ, Z energy ,PlaceMakers, Mico and Samsung.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Class 1 license with WTR - Class 2 a bonus!
- Experience operating heavy machinery including Roller/Tractor Broom
- A safety-first attitude – for yourself and the public
- Team player who is Flexible, committed and reliable
- Passion for our industry and the willingness to work hard and continue to develop
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.