Detailer- Dunedin Frame & Truss
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Manufacturing and NEU
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:20 Mar 2024
About the Role:
This role will involve interpretation of Architectural and Engineered plans to produce detailed shop drawings. Providing Frame & Truss detailing to our customers and processing high quality prenailed frames and Trusses in a timely and efficient manner. Ensuring that all truss detailing and wall frame detailing is accurate, provided in a timely manner, and to the highest possible standard. This is a full-time permanent role working Monday to Friday based in our Mosgiel Frame and Truss Plant.
To be a successful applicant, you must have a minimum 1-year experience in detailing and you must have a strong ability to read and interpret plans, quantify trusses, frames, and other components involved. Sound knowledge of NZS3604 and MiTek software.
Key skills and experience required:
- Understanding of residential and commercial construction, also timber grades and basic timber engineering
- Ability to effectively organise a number of tasks at any one time and work to meet deadlines
- Service-driven and solution-oriented approach to ensure tasks are completed efficiently
- Strong work ethic and ability to work autonomously
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate plans and progress to clients
- High attention to detail maintaining a good level of accuracy and quality in your work.
- Computer proficiency ideally with previous experience in MiTek
What's we offer:
Here at PlaceMakers you will have the ability to create lasting relationships and contribute to the success of our business. We offer amazing training, development, and progression opportunities plus a competitive salary and lots of staff benefits so you're in good hands with us!
This is an exciting time to join our journey as we grow our people and business, you will be joining a well- respected company that will invest in your career.
Please note – A pre-employment medical, including drug test is required as well as the legal right to work in NZ indefinitely.
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.