- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Location:Palmerston North
- Job Reference:FCH/35054
- Closing Date:19 Mar 2024
We are looking for an experienced Roadmarking Foreperson to join our team in Palmerston North.
You will be experienced in the civil construction industry, particularly in Roadmarking, with a passion for motivating and developing people. There is a strong pipeline of work to be involved in and excellent opportunities to continue to grow your career with Higgins.
Come join the Green Team:
- Competitive hourly rate + Guaranteed 40 hours per week + vehicle
- Relocation support available, if required
- Ongoing training and development to develop your career
- Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
- Access to Fletchers Building Benefits Programme
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Prior Roadmarking experience is essential – Both A & B Type
- Full Class 1 & 2 Licence with Class 4/5 & WTR beneficial
- Paint Truck Operating Experience is essential
- Knowledge of Thermoplastics and their applications is beneficial
- Experience leading a crew of assistants and operators is sought after
- Ideally you will have good computer literacy
- MOTSAM Knowledge
- Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your colleagues but also the public
- This role requires flexibility, our teams do work evenings and weekends and there may be some overnight travel occasionally
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependents.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.