Forklift Driver & HR Driver - Thurgoona
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex AU
- Job Reference:LAM/35262
- Closing Date:24 Feb 2024
Our Australian Made Story
For more than 85 years we have manufactured and procured a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and panel products so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it in hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants, or your home.
About the Role
Laminex ALBURY (Thurgoona) Distribution Hub is one of 6 similar sites around Australia and is an integral part of our wider national warehouse and international supply chain.
We currently have 2 x opportunities available for an experienced and committed Warehouse Forklift Driver and a HR Truck Driver to join our Thurgoona site.
We are looking for a safety minded, customer focused person who is ready to join our leading business in a pivotal role. You must have a keen attitude and willingness to learn new skills along the way.
The position is a 38-hour week FULLTIME dayshift role with the possibility of some overtime. The Warehouses normal hours of operation are 6am- 6pm Monday to Friday so your shift would fall within those hours of operation.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Upholding the strong Laminex safety & wellbeing values and operate under belief “all injuries are preventable”
- Working and communicating effectively within a team environment
- Delivering products driving a modern fleet of HR trucks to our valued customers across the site’s extensive delivery area. Please be confident operating a Heavy Rigid Truck.
- Loading and unloading of our trucks
- General warehouse duties including accurate picking and packing of orders
- Safety first attitude
- Strong customer service skills
- Minimum 6 months experience in a similar role
- Current Heavy Rigid HR or HC truck licence and good driving record
- Forklift license (or willing to obtain)
- Ideally at least 3-6 months of counterbalance forklift experience
- Physically fit and ability to safely perform manual handling/lifting tasks
Perks & Benefits:
- Enjoy 26 weeks of fully paid parental leave, returning to a 4-day work week at 80% capacity for an eased transition.
- Access significant discounts on Fletcher Building products, including those under the Laminex, Stramit, and Tradelink brands.
- Benefit from a 40-hour workweek with flexible start times from Monday to Friday, fitting your schedule.
Join Our Journey:
If you are robust yet adaptable, a proactive leader eager to take on a pivotal role within our supportive team, we would love to hear from you. Apply now, and Lachlan from Laminex Australia will be in touch. Your dedication deserves our acknowledgment, and as part of the Circle Back Initiative, we commit to responding to every applicant.