Yard & Drive Thru Team Member- Queenstown
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Customer Service
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:15 Mar 2024
You’ll be responsible for delivering excellent service to our customers in our yard and drive thru area where you will be dealing mostly with our building trade customer. Your enthusiastic, outgoing nature and eye for detail will help you to ensure that our customers are receiving prompt, efficient service and sound advice while keeping safety at the forefront.
Daily you will be responsible for –
- Providing exceptional customer service, picking orders, loading and unloading customer vehicles, restocking, cycle counts and much more
- Helping to co-ordinate our customer deliveries (dispatch assistance)
- Assisting to ensure an efficient warehouse is maintained and appropriately stocked.
We are looking for someone with a positive attitude and a real team player. We can provide full training for the job; you just need to have a willingness to learn. The role does require frequent heavy lifting, so you will need to be physically fit and have a solid Health and Safety work habits. The environment you are working within is exposed to all outside conditions (cold, sun, rain, wind etc).
To be considered for this role you must have a clean full driver licence. You will need to be able to be reliable and work well in a team environment.
- Proven experience in a customer service/sales environment
- Motivated, self-driven and able to work independently
- Proactive and able to think on your feet and under pressure
- Organizational skills
- Previous forklift experience preferred not essential
What’s in it for you?
You will be joining a market-leading organisation where your role is not just about service but also about building relationships and providing solutions to our customers! With your hard work and our support, we can help you to build a career! There are plenty of opportunities within PlaceMakers and being part of Fletcher Building means there are many other staff benefits on offer!
- Competitive hourly rates that match experience levels
- Your weekends and public holidays are free to enjoy!
- Exceptional teammates who are great fun and always willing to help out
- Long term career opportunities - progression within the company is supported.
Please note: The following will be required for successful application.
- A pre-employment medical, including drug test will be required
- Evidence of the legal right to work in NZ
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.