- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/35455
- Closing Date:29 Feb 2024
We are looking for a Leading Hand to join our Maintenance team in Christchurch. This is a leadership role where you can still be hands on! You will be leading the cyclic crew undertaking general maintenance activities and minor road repairs.
Come join the Higgins team:
- Career development – opportunities available to grow you career at Higgins
- Ongoing training and development to help you reach your career goals
- Competitive hourly rate
- Access to Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarship & share scheme along with multi-business discounts for you and your family to enjoy
- Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
If you have relevant industry experience and are looking for a step up in your career into a leading hand position then we would be very interested to talk to you – there is support and training available to help you be successful in this position
What you’ll bring to the role:
- You will be a people person – you will have prior experience efficiently running a team
- You must have experience confidently operating an excavator and working around services
- Minimum of a full Class 2 license + WTR
- Knowledge of working materials
- Be a confident communicator
- Motivated, reliable, honest team player who leads from the front
- A desire to grow in a leadership role
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependents.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haere.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.