- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Steel
- Job Reference:DIM/35468
- Closing Date:26 Feb 2024
Dimond Structural is a major manufacturing plant of roofing products and services throughout New Zealand. Through a nationwide network of sales centres, it supplies a broad range of Structural Purlins and a Hi-Bond flooring product to the construction industry. We are part of Fletcher Building, a diversified global building industry company.
Our site in Christchurch is the Manufacturing plant that supplies the South Island and the Lower North Island and at times the Auckland Manufacturing plant. Our products are often required at short notice and our Store People will be responsible for;
- Use Gantry Cranes & Forklifts.
- Pick / pack orders for shipping to our customers
- Load out orders/unload stock.
- Use computer systems to enter data.
- Supporting with the running of mill machines.
- Supporting all Health & Safety procedures.
This is a great opportunity for someone to get their foot in the door in a supportive business with plenty of room to grow. We have a spot available in our team as a Storeperson working Monday to Friday 7.00am-3.30pm and we are looking for motivated, responsible and safety focused people to join our team. Full training and development will be provided and opportunities to step into future leadership position for the right person!
To be successful you will need to:
- Learn new skills and work in a diverse team
- Be reliable, be focused at work and support your team members
- Follow instructions in a workshop/warehouse environment.
- Have a good level of physical fitness & a sense of humour
- Be a safety champion!
We are committed to providing a safe and drug free work place. Successful applicants will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment. All applicants should have permanent working rights and a minimum of a Restricted Drivers Licence.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.