- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/35475
- Closing Date:07 Mar 2024
Our Drainage Team in Napier are looking for an Assistant to join the team. You will ideally have some experience in Drainlaying and are potentially working towards becoming certified. You will be working with an experienced drainage crew where you can grow your skills and career.
Come join the Green Team
- Grow in a supportive team who treat each other like Whanau
- Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
- Develop into a fully certified drainlayer - we will help you achieve your qualifications
- Competitive hourly rate
- Awesome benefits for you and your family to enjoy
- Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
What you’ll bring to the role
- Experience working in a a drainage crew as a labourer or junior drainlayer
- Minimum full class 1 licence (WTR Bonus)
- Knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in road construction, drainage and maintenance desired but not essential
- A high level of physical fitness
- Reliable, honest team player
- Passion for our industry and the willingness to work hard and learn
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Building better roads for safer journeys
He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
How to apply
Interested? Click Apply and provide a current CV.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to complete a Ministry of Justice check and pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.