Heating, Bathroom, Kitchen Consultant - Levin
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Customer Service
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:35482
- Closing Date:04 Mar 2024
About the role:
You will be responsible for maximising the Heating, Bathroom, and Kitchen sales by providing excellent service to our Trade and Retail customers. This includes helping customers find and select products, providing product knowledge advice, and completing all stock-related tasks.
In addition to working in our HBK design showroom, you will be the first point of contact at our Trade Counter and Showroom, you will interact daily with our customers who are the heart and soul of our business.
This includes helping customers find and select products, providing product knowledge advice, and completing all stock-related tasks.
Daily you will be responsible for –
- Take clear briefs from clients and discuss all aspects of creating, remodeling, or updating the kitchen and/ or bathroom area of their home.
- You will discuss building materials, themes, colours, patterns, and room layouts with a client and produce sketches and drawings based on their requirements.
- Consulting with clients via phone and email
- Seeking out value-added solutions for internal and external customers.
- You will build effective relationships with our Trade and Retail customers by offering product support, technical information, and interior design solutions.
- You will be a people person thriving most when supporting our customers, so they get a winning in-store experience.
- You will also play a vital part in direct sales with customers, getting orders pulled and ready for dispatch, and merchandising and maintaining aisles within the showroom.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in designing Kitchens, bathrooms, laundry, flooring, and wardrobes.
- Customer Service/ Sales experience, confident, and a clear and accurate communicator who can deal with challenging demands and time frames.
- You must be polite, and professional and will be accommodating when assisting our customers.
- We are looking for someone with a high standard of personal presentation and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You will need to have excellent time management skills to meet tight deadlines and company targets.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Excel and other computer programs are desirable
About PlaceMakers and Our Benefits
PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and source more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
We offer an Employee Education Fund (EEF), where funding can be obtained for employees and family members to study and/or extend their learning further.
This role is a permanent opportunity, working 40 hours across Monday to Friday, including rostered Saturday – between 1 and 2 shifts per month.
How to Apply
Opportunities like this do not come along very often and these are limited. To express your genuine interest please submit your CV for review and one of our team will get back to you!
Please note - A pre-employment medical, including a drug test will be required as well as being fully eligible to work in NZ indefinitely.
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.