Head of Environmental, Health, Safety & Quality
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Environmental Health and Safety
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:29 Feb 2024
Higgins is seeking a Head of Environmental, Health, Safety & Quality. This is a newly created role reporting to the General Manager of Higgins and will form part form the Higgins SLT.
About the role
Provide leadership, direction, planning and control of the environment, health, safety and quality performance of the business. This is a hands-on role, where you will be integral to deploying the strategic plan for environmental, health, safety and quality management.
- Lead the strategic plan for environmental, health, safety & quality (EHSQ) management for the Higgins business unit to ensure that effective EHSQ initiatives are deployed
- Provide clarity, consistency in communication and procedures, direction, and planning of EHSQ
- Develop and drive a strong environmental, health, safety and quality culture
- Apply business project methodology to drive successful outcomes whilst ensuring that changes are embedded into the business.
This role will be based in Auckland and frequent travel will be required.
You’ll be a health and safety leader with experience working in complex construction environments, coupled with skills and knowledge in the environmental and quality management space. You’ll believe all injuries are preventable and be a champion for line led safety culture. You’ll also bring with you:
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in EHSQ leadership roles
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Track record deploying strategic plans and initiatives
- Experience leading, advising and collaborating across diverse groups of people
- Ability to motivate, influence and empower others to achieve individual and organisational goals
- Working with direct and indirect labour (self-perform and subcontract)
- Broad knowledge of safety, quality, risk, environment, and human resources
- Knowledge of ACC management and claims, and the ACC Accredited Programme
Higgins is a dynamic and trusted New Zealand civil construction business. Our purpose is to make places better for generations to come. With a 1600-strong team, we have broad capabilities and resources to deliver a fully-integrated complement of civil construction and maintenance services across New Zealand and the Pacific.
Higgins is part of the Fletcher Construction family. Since 1909, Fletcher Construction has planned, built, maintained, and managed significant national infrastructure in New Zealand and the South Pacific. Fletcher Construction a division of the wider Fletcher Building group.
Joining our team means being part of a company that values innovation, teamwork and excellence. We offer a dynamic work environment, opportunities for career growth, and the chance to make a real impact on our projects & clients. Along with a competitive salary package which includes a company branded vehicle, company benefits and staff discounts.
Keen to join the team? Apply now!
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.