Assistant Branch Accountant
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:35499
- Closing Date:01 Mar 2024
Due to recent changes within the structure of our centralised Branch Accountant team here at our National Office in Penrose, we now have a new opportunity for an Assistant Branch Accountant.
Reporting directly to one of our Branch Accountants, you will handle basic accounting duties such as preparing financial records and reports, bank reconciliation, balance-sheet reconciliations, maintaining documents and records to ensure all files are kept up to date, and provide administrative support where required. Alongside this, you will also be responsible for the following –
- Preparing general ledger journals, including recharges and accruals
- Processing supplier invoices
- FBT preparation
- Review and support daily cash balancing processes
- Ensure procedures are followed and deadlines are met
- Analysis of various expenditure
- Preparation of monthly reports
- Assist with Debtors management
- Completing Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Review, support & follow up with branches as required
- Maintain branch portfolio shared mailbox/es
- Supporting the wider team with various tasks including preparing forecasts, budgets, records and statements
With strong problem-solving capability and exceptional attention to detail, you’ve gained a minimum of 2 years’ experience within accounting processes along with having good exposure to accounting packages, of which JDE would be an advantage.
You also demonstrate the ability to build strong relationships with team members in remote locations and your communication skills will be right up there along with your Excel capabilities, both of which you will consider a strength. Alongside this, you also possess the following –
- Strong knowledge of accounting processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Loads of initiative and ability to take action to solve problems
- Ability to work autonomously as well as being part of a cohesive and successful team
- Demonstrate a good understanding of innovation, creativity, and adaptability
About PlaceMakers and Our Benefits
PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s residential and commercial construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and can source more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
This role is working at our Head Office in Penrose, A permanent opportunity, where hours are Monday to Friday, 40 hours.
How to Apply
Opportunities like this do not come along very often and these are limited. To express your genuine interest please submit your CV for review and one of our team will get back to you!
Please note - A pre-employment medical, including a drug test will be required as well as being fully eligible to work in NZ indefinitely.
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.