- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Steel
- Job Reference:DIM/35509
- Closing Date:29 Feb 2024
Dimond Roofing is proud to have received the GreenRate™ Level A certification. Our products are used by homeowners, commercial building owners, builders and farmers across the country.
We operate in a hyper competitive market, with short lead times, tight margins and where service is key to the business’s success. The Production Planner is a key ingredient to servicing our market and ensuring customers gets what they want, when they want it and where they want it.
Our products are made to order so this is a fast paced role that will see you working closely with a number of key stakeholders in our business to ensure customer satisfaction.
This role is critical in ensuring that the business provides goods and services to customers in a timely manner that meets internal efficiency requirements. The production Planner is the glue that holds sales, customer services and production together to ensure that our customers are given the best service experience possible.
In particular the role is focused on:
- Balancing the customers’ needs with best-in-class production principles
- Ensuring that we are meeting and exceeding the customers’ requirements
- Communicating to customers within promised or expected timeframes and when needed providing workable solutions when disruptions occur.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams collaboratively to achieve production goals
- Working collectively with other branches to ensure that Dimond always wins
- Ensuring Dimond Standard Processes are followed and adhered to
- Coordinating, Sales, Customer Services and Production to get the best outcome and communication for the customer
- Maximisation of machinery utilisation
- Working on continuous improvement projects with operations to increase throughput
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and monitoring production schedules based on customer demand, inventory levels, and available resources
We are looking for someone with clear and concise communication skills, who has sound problem solving skills and most importantly can thrive, while remaining calm, under pressure.
In return, you’ll be joining a passionate team and a well-respected business that can offer a range of benefits and opportunities for career advancement that come with being part of Fletcher Building.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.