Machine Operators (6am - 4pm OR 2pm - midnight, Monday - Thursday)
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex AU
- Job Reference:LAM/65522
- Closing Date:29 Feb 2024
Our Australian Made Story:
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s became happy little Vegemite’s, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Where your story starts:
Due to recent business growth, we currently have multiple positions available for Machine Operators to join our Bathurst Team on day shift (6am - 4pm approx, Mon - Thursday) OR afternoon shift (2pm - midnight). In addition to these hours, OT is available during busy periods.
Working Monday-Thursday in a full-time position, your primary responsibilities will be the safe operation of our machinery and general factory hand duties. Ensuring safety and quality are our top priorities.
Role you’ll play:
- Operating and maintaining the machines in a timely and cost-efficient way
- Operating CNC machines
- Focus on safe work practices in line with our Zero Harm policy
- Performing general machine operating duties and keep work-spaces tidy
- Reporting any repairs required or any safety concerns
- Checking for quality issues and defects
The ideal individual will have the following skills and experience:
- Total commitment to safety
- Team first approach
- Reliability and a strong work ethic
- The ability to manually lift items
- Previous machine operating and/ or CNC experience is advantageous
- Forklift license would be advantageous
- Able to complete a pre-employment medical examination and drug & alcohol testing
Perks & Benefits:
- Enjoy 26 weeks of fully paid parental leave, returning to a 4-day work week at 80% capacity for an eased transition.
- 4-day work week, meaning a 3 day weekend every week or optional overtime
- Access significant discounts on Fletcher Building products, including those under the Laminex, Stramit, and Tradelink brands.
- On the job training provided, enabling great career (and pay) progression!
Join Our Journey:
If you are robust yet adaptable, a proactive leader eager to take on a pivotal role within our supportive team, we would love to hear from you. Apply now, and Lachlan from Laminex Australia will be in touch. Your dedication deserves our acknowledgment, and as part of the Circle Back Initiative, we commit to responding to every applicant.