- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Location:Palmerston North
- Job Reference:FCH/35573
- Closing Date:11 Mar 2024
• Grow and develop in a supportive team who treat each other like Whanau
• Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
• Awesome benefits for you and your family to enjoy
• Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
We are looking for a Labourer to join the Higgins Asphalt Team in Palmerston North. The role includes general labouring duties and is an opportunity for someone fit and keen to learn. We are offering not just a job but a stepping-stone into a career with the support of a company that knows how important our Teams are in delivering what we do best – Roading and Infrastructure. In this role you will have the flexibility to work day & night shifts to meet the needs of the business. In the busy season you will work 12-hour shifts.
Our Labourers are pro-active, and safety focused and enjoy working for an organisation where hard work is recognised and where they can build a career and not just do a job.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Class 1 Driver Licence and reliable transport
• WTR and Asphalt work experience is beneficial
• Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your colleagues but also the public
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
• A high level of physical fitness due to the physical nature of the role
• Be reliable, honest and a flexible team player
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Building better roads for safer journeys
He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
How to apply
Interested? Click Apply and provide a current CV.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to complete a Ministry of Justice check and pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.