Yard & Drive Thru Team Leader - Kaiwharawhara
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Customer Service
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:35574
- Closing Date:12 Mar 2024
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Yard and Drive Thru Team Leader to join the PlaceMakers Kaiwharawhara Branch.
You’ll lead and develop our vital front-line team of 7 staff and be responsible for driving excellent service delivery to our building and trade customers when they come through our yard and drive thru/pick up area.
A typical day will include –
- Inventory and stock management with the use of continuous improvement techniques
- Ensuring stock repletion and stock product levels are up to date
- General maintenance to ensure Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality requirements are exceeded
- Consistently provides outstanding customer service and remains up to date with best practice
- Ensure that the Drive Thru is tidy, and routinely cleaned where required
We are looking for someone with a proven Supervisor or Team Leader experience, who is highly motivated to make decisions and take action to continuously improve performance and safety measures.
In addition to this, you also possess the following -
- Hands-on leadership skills to ensure that the team exceeds our customers’ expectations
- Building industry, retail or consumer showroom environment is a nice to have
- Strong communication skills with ability to delegate appropriately
- Effective time management, organisation, and planning skills
- A commitment to continuously review process and implement improvement
- A clean/ current Full NZ Drivers Licence is essential. As well as a valid F-endorsement and Forklift driving experience.
About PlaceMakers and Our Benefits
PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s residential and commercial construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and can source more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
We offer an Employee Education Fund (EEF), where funding can be obtained for employees and family members to study and/or extend their learning further.
This is a Permanent opportunity, working 40 hours Monday to Friday, however Saturday cover may be required.
How to Apply
Opportunities like this do not come along very often and these are limited. To express your genuine interest please submit your CV for review and one of our team will get in contact to talk more!
Please note - A pre-employment medical, including a drug test will be required as well as being fully eligible to work in NZ indefinitely.
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.