Driver: Class 4
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/35618
- Closing Date:23 Feb 2024
The team in Auckland are looking for a Class 4 Driver to join the Transport team for a fixed term (18 month) position, based on one of our projects.
You’ll be joining a team who look after all of our trucking requirements to service our teams. We have a fleet of trucks used for carting asphalt and aggregates to our sites and we also have transporters that transport our plant and equipment to site. Shifts are both day and night so flexibility is key.
- Grow and develop in a supportive team who treat each other like Whanau
- Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
- Competitive hourly rate
- Awesome benefits for you and your family to enjoy
What you’ll bring to the role:
- A safety-first attitude – for yourself and the public
- Full class 4 license
- Previous experience in a similar role driving heavy trucks
- Previous experience in roading or civil construction industry (3+ years)
- Team player
- Flexible, committed and reliable – will turn up rain or shine
- Passion for our industry and the willingness to work hard and learn
This is a fixed-term role for 18 months, working a minimum of 40 hours to a maximum of 60 hours per week. Competitive hourly rate on offer between $29.66 - $35 an hour. This is a project based role in Auckland.
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.