Trade Support Team Member- Nelson
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:12 Mar 2024
About the role:
You will provide support and communicate with all our Nelson based stakeholders, customers, and Account Managers, to ensure all information within your portfolio is correct and timely. Additionally, you will be a specialist for our Estimations and Planning function where you will provide quotations, pricing, and estimations to clients as well as booking and liaising with freight. Your main goal will be to ensure that our trade customers experience the best service from start to finish.
Daily you will be responsible for –
- Action customer enquiries by phone and email
- Seek out value-add solutions for internal and external customers
- Take clear briefs from stakeholders on what is to be quoted, and prepare document details as needed
- Daily and weekly planning with account managers to ensure all opportunities are captured
- Providing customers with product advice, quotes, and pricing information as well as tailored solutions
Skills and Experience:
- Proven Customer Service and/or Sales Experience
- Understanding of plans/ reading plans
- Building Industry experience is not a must, but a desire to learn about our products is
- Excellent time management, ability to work under pressure and exceptional organisational skills
- Strong communication skills, ability to pick up the phone and provide tailored solutions
- Computer literacy is important, confident user of Excel, however full training will be given on our in-house computer systems
About PlaceMakers and our Benefits
PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
We offer an Employee Education Fund (EEF), where funding can be obtained for employees and family members to study and/or extend their learning further.
This role is working Monday to Friday, 40 hours, permanent opportunity.
How to Apply
Opportunities like this do not come along very often and these are limited. To express your genuine interest please submit your CV for review, if selected as part of our longlist you will be invited to complete video responses outlining why the position is of interest to you and what you can bring to the table.
Please note - A pre-employment medical, including a drug test will be required as well as being fully eligible to work in NZ indefinitely.
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.