- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Australia Divisional Support
- Job Reference:FBA
- Closing Date:29 Feb 2024
At Fletcher Building, we are dedicated to nurturing talent and fostering growth. As a leading manufacturing and distribution company, we prioritise innovation and excellence in everything we do. With a collaborative and supportive work culture, we provide a platform for you to develop your skills and build a successful career.
Part of this is looking after our people. A huge and wildly important part of this is our Payroll Team. Without them, the wheels fall off! We are looking for our next Payroll gun to join our team and help to keep the wheels firmly on.
Reporting to the Payroll Supervisor and Manager, you will see out the end to end payroll cycle for one of our 6 business units. In this position, you will have the opportunity to work in a hybrid model, combining work from home with a minimum 2 days per week in-office collaboration. You will work closely with a supportive team, gaining valuable experience in payroll processing and administration.
- Assist with the end to end processing of the monthly and weekly payrolls
- Liaise with key stakeholders to ensure a seamless pay run
- Manage general queries and support the team
- Maintain records and a high level of confidentiality
- Support senior payroll professionals in data entry, reconciliations, and leave management.
- Stay updated with payroll regulations and compliance requirements to ensure accurate payroll administration.
- Collaborate with HR and finance teams to address employee payroll inquiries and provide support.
- Assist in preparing payroll reports and contribute to process improvements for increased efficiency.
- Maintain confidentiality and ensure data security in all payroll-related activities.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally possess the following;
- 3 - 5 years experience within payroll
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and calculations.
- Knowledge of relevant payroll software – Previous experience with Chris 21
- Ability to manage time and stakeholders
- Basic knowledge of payroll processes, legislation, and compliance is desirable.
- Strong communication skills to effectively interact with team members and stakeholders.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to thrive in a hybrid work model, balancing remote work and occasional in-office collaboration.
This role is based in the Northern suburbs of Brisbane at our Banyo office with free on-site parking when based in the office. Please note that remuneration will be adjusted to suit your experience level. Even if you are a more experienced Payroll Officer, we encourage you to apply.
No agencies applications will be accepted and candidates must have full Australian working rights.
For further information or to apply, please contact Kate Snyman – firstname.lastname@example.org