Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Brian Perry Civil
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:15 Mar 2024
Are you passionate about fostering a culture of safety, health and environmental consciousness? Do you possess over 5 years of invaluable experience in Health & Safety within the Civil construction industry? If so, we want you to join our dynamic team as a Heath, Safety & Environmental Advisor! This is a 6 month fixed term role, with the potential to extend or become permanent.
Brian Perry Civil is in a strong growth period with long-term secured projects ready to start.
As part of the Fletcher Building group we deliver a wide range of civil construction projects across New Zealand and the South Pacific, specialising in civil structures, 3 waters, ground improvement, foundations, and piling work.
Reporting to the Regional Health, Safety & Environmental Manager, you will play a pivotal role in guiding our frontline leaders and workforce towards a higher level of safety excellence. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Professional Guidance: provide expert advice to front line leaders and workers, ensuring a deep understanding of best practices in health, Safety and environmental standards
- Safety Coaching: Empower workers with the knowledge and tools needed to implement best practices daily. Be a mentor who encourages a proactive safety mindset
- Risk Management: Collaborate with teams to identify potential risks and ensure they are appropriately managed, minimising potential hazards & incidents
- Lead by Example: Set the benchmark for safety & environmental stewardship by demonstrating a commitment to best practices in all aspect of your work
Come join the Brian Perry Civil team:
- Competitive salary + Company Vehicle
- Ongoing training and development to help you reach your professional goals
- Career development – opportunities available to grow you career
- This is a varied role that will provide continuous learning and development
- Access to Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarship & share scheme along with multi-business discounts for you and your family to enjoy
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Full Class 1 Driving Licence
- Ideally 5 years’ experience in health and safety within the construction industry
- Excellent knowledge of the NZ legislative environment including HSE, ACC and HSNO and industry guidelines and standards
- Thorough knowledge of work-related illnesses and injuries, and rehabilitation processes.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to coach and influencing others
- The ability to develop relationships and build credibility and trust amongst workers
We like people who show and use initiative, come up with ideas and think outside the square. We have a steady and very large pipeline of work, there is a great team culture and our safety focus for our people is our number 1 priority. At Brian Perry Civil we are committed to zero harm initiatives and ensuring high levels of health and safety are in place and being utilised at all times.
Please click on the Apply Now Button to submit your CV and complete the on-line application form.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.