Fletcher Residential and Development undertakes both residential and industrial land developments. Trading under the name, Fletcher Living, we are one of New Zealand’s leading developers of residential communities and industrial subdivisions.
We are part of the Fletcher Building group of companies and we have a strong history and commitment to providing quality development solutions as one of New Zealand’s leading land developers and residential builders.
Why Join Us?
We have a fantastic people culture at Fletcher Living and as an organisation we focus on the things that make it so great to work here. Our priority is to make all our people feel welcomed when they join and feel valued as they continue their journey with us. Your personal and career development is important to us, we run functional workshops, people leader workshops and several professional development short courses. Did I mention that we like to have fun at work? There is always something going on at Fletcher Living, whether that is a sports event or family fun day, either on a regional level or a casual get together. We like to celebrate our successes and support each other.
We also have a number of employee benefits that are available to permanent full-time employees, as we are part of the Fletcher Building group of companies – these include access to the Fletcher Building Employee Educational Fund, FBuShare our global employee share plan, discounted Southern Cross healthcare, Fletcher Building Welfare Fund, and our lucrative Fletcher Building Staff Discount Card which will give significant discounts on some of the great Fletcher Building brands.
This role is based at our Penrose Head Office and will be working with our Development team on their various Auckland projects. We have a strong EHS network within Fletcher Living, with EHS Specialists based out at each of our four residential branches, and a National Manager overseeing the whole team.
This role reports to the National EHS Manager for Fletcher Living, but you’ll be working alongside and partnering with our Development team on a day to day basis. This role focuses on the design and delivery of our land development and civil works. We acquire land and oversee the design and construction of residential, commercial and industrial subdivisions. We work closely with local government and other stakeholders to ensure land is developed in compliance with zoning ordinances, consents and regulations.
- Proven experience in an EHS roles where you have had a focus on civil / land development / construction or a similar safety sensitive environment.
- Broad understanding of the current EHS regulatory environment, with exposure to innovation and new trends/directions including from other comparable regulatory jurisdictions
- Ability to understand and apply risk-based EHS imperatives to the dynamics of a construction project/site
- Strong engagement, influencing, communication and coaching skills with a demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence outcomes with managers and staff at all levels of the business, including contractors
- Success with promoting change and driving continuous improvement in EHS performance
- Ability to develop effective working relationships and from that platform, to coach and build high-performing safety leaders and teams
- A performance, results and success orientation with a commitment to achieving challenging objectives and delivering excellence
How to Apply
Please click on the Apply Now Button on this advert to complete the on-line form and submit your CV.