To run a Campus as big as Fletcher Building’s head office, it definitely takes a team effort and we need energetic and proactive individuals, who can present a friendly but polished professional image on reception, but will be down to earth and proactive enough to undertake the multitude of duties that are needed to keep a campus this size ticking along!
With over 30 businesses globally, we make and distribute building products internationally and are New Zealand’s largest building company.
Fletcher Building’s Penrose Campus is a newly refurbished, modern office with more than 800 people on site. Along with most of our corporate functions, many of our businesses are housed within three separate buildings; all connected to the fantastic Fletcher Café. We want applicants who are keen to work as team, build a great culture and present the best possible customer service to our fellow Fletcher Building employees.
This role is probably one of the most varied you’ll get within Fletcher Building. Your work environment is the campus, you’ll be dealing with the full range of Fletcher Building employees, from graduates and interns to senior management and the executive. It goes without saying that you’ll need to be able to relate to people at all levels and from all walks of life. Your office will be the reception desk, so when you are not undertaking campus related activities you’ll be on the front desk and customer facing. Some of the duties you will be undertaking will be:
- Reception duties - providing front line customer service to our visitors, customers, clients and suppliers.
- Answering all phone calls to the main Fletcher Building number – either answering queries or transferring to the appropriate Fletcher Building division
- Campus Administration duties such as sorting and distributing mail, sending & receiving couriers, payment of invoices, maintain our subcontractor records, programming security cards
- Induction of new staff members – taking new staff members on a campus wide induction
- First Aid & Fire Warden management and you may be required to go on training for this
- Tidying all meeting rooms, stationary rooms, kitchens and break out areas
This role is not for the faint hearted, it is varied, and busy and requires someone that is going to be adaptable. You’ll be able to present a polished and professional image on reception, but able to roll up your sleeves and undertake all the other duties that keeps the campus ticking along. You’ll need to be physically fit and there will be a lot of walking required around the campus, stocking shelves, clearing meeting rooms.
We are open to the background and experience of our candidates, you may be a career receptionist looking for stability and a great team culture, or at the beginning stages of your career wanting a place to grow and develop your skills. If you are keen to join our team, we would love to hear from you.
What We Offer
We are offering a competitive base salary + Kiwisaver + Employee Benefits + onsite parking. We encourage development and ongoing training and our roles are often a springboard for career opportunities within the wider business.
To register your interest please click on Apply Now, submit your CV and completed our online application form.