Laminex Australia - A member of Fletcher Building is a leader in the decorative surfaces industry in Australia; we manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers. We pride ourselves on quality and design. We believe that good design enables good living and our ambition is to make design accessible for every Australian.
Our manufacturing plant situated in the south west of WA at Dardanup, produces Particle Board for our national market. We are excited to commence the search for an experienced, driven and motivated Continuous Improvement Support Officer to join our team.
The purpose of the role is linked to the successful maintenance & nurturing of the Fletcher Building Manufacturing Excellence program. This includes responsibility for the creation, implementation, maintenance and review of operational systems & processes across the Dardanup site.
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Support the Planning & Organising of the Manufacturing Excellence Program
- The establishment and maintenance of our Manufacturing Excellence Program including:
- Coordinate, review, input to & seek opportunities to continually improve standard operating procedures & training documents to ensure they are contemporary and kept up-to-date with current practice.
- Ensuring robust training & documentation systems are provided for the management of compliance related Health, Safety, Environmental & Risk functions
- Create, review, edit and present electronic documents and ensure they are maintained in accordance with document control requirements
- Maintenance and updating of the 12 month rolling training plans
- Plan & participate in compliance audits relating to quality, safety, environmental & operational systems
- Coordination of the Manufacturing Excellence and Training & Development Steering groups
- Support change related projects in all of its forms as required to enable effective transition & consolidation within the operational teams
- Liaise with other plants, external suppliers and other technical personnel to research, develop and document effective production systems and processes
- Experience in a continuous improvement role or similar
- Operational and process knowledge in manufacturing
- Familiarity with continuous improvement tools.
- Experience of conducting internal audits.
- Exposure to and experience of computer-based production recording systems.
- Knowledge &/or experience of Assessment & Workplace Training.
- Knowledge of Change Management principles.
- Experience in creation or maintenance of SharePoint document systems.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to establish &/or maintain standardised operational processes & systems.
- Sound computer literacy skills and knowledge of Microsoft products.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
Together we are part of Fletcher Building, Australasia’s largest building materials supplier.
We employ 5,500 people across our Australian division; we know that our people are our greatest asset and we continue to promote engaged and effective teams who deliver exceptional results for our customers, we are guided by our five core values - customer leading, play fair, better every day, be bold, and better together.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions.
Agencies please note: This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by our Fletcher Building Talent Acquisition team. We will certainly reach out to our external partners if we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated.