Fletcher Reinforcing are market leaders in the supply of reinforcing throughout New Zealand. Our team have a passion for the Fletcher Reinforcing brand and a drive to be the best in the industry. This means we are constantly striving to deliver the highest level of service to our wide range of customers around the country.
To further improve our service to customers, the South Island tendering team is growing.
We are seeking expressions of interest from Detailers with experience in reinforcing to join our tendering team in Christchurch. This role is responsible for accurately detailing steel from drawings and specifications provided by customers – a critical part of our operation.
Providing the best service to customers requires the tendering team to have;
• A customer focus with high levels of customer interaction
• Strong technical knowledge around the detailing of reinforcing steel
• Proactive collaboration with internal manufacturing and placing teams
• A disciplined approach to utilising best practice systems developed by Fletcher Reinforcing
To join the team, you must have:
• High levels of motivation and a drive to provide the best to our customers
• The ability to deal with people from a wide range of backgrounds
• Excellent written and spoken command of the English language
• Experience in the interpretation of structural drawings and specifications
• An understanding of the design and specification of reinforcing steel
• A positive and collaborative approach to team interactions
• Attention to detail with a consistently high level of accuracy
• Strong computer literacy with the desire to upskill to the latest industry software
Further desirable skills are:
• A practical background in the fabrication and/or placing of reinforcing steel
• Experience with construction industry tender bid process, pricing in line with SOQ’s
• Experience dealing with Consultant Engineers, Architects and Tier 1 and 2 Contractors
• Excellent compensation package and career development opportunities
• Great team culture & environment
• Full support from a positive and highly engaged management team
If this sounds like you then please apply today! Applications will be reviewed as they are received and successful applicants will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment. All applicants should have permanent working rights in New Zealand.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.