Stramit Building Products is a leading Australian manufacturer of steel building products including roofing, walling, gutters and fascia, purlins, flooring, structural formwork and roller doors. Stramit also owns three distribution and franchise businesses in the pre-engineered cold-formed steel buildings market including Fair Dinkum Sheds, ShedBoss and SOL Home Improvements.
About the Role
An opportunity presently exists for a Structural Engineer to join our team. This role will be based at Erskine Park in Sydney and you will form part of our team supporting Stramit’s National Branch Network. The purpose of this opportunity will be to:
- Develop structural design methodologies to enhance Stramit’s structural design software capabilities and technical offering.
- Utilise computer-aided design technologies to automate workflows and streamline design processes.
- Develop cold-formed steel components and systems for light gauge steel buildings.
- Collaborate closely with and provide technical support and service to key stakeholders across Stramit, Fair Dinkum Sheds, ShedBoss and SOL Home Improvements.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in civil, structural or mechanical engineering.
- Prior experience in cold-formed steel engineering, computational structural mechanics and/or computer-aided design technologies with a focus on data-driven workflows.
- Software skills in structural analysis programs (e.g. SpaceGass), cold-formed steel design programs (e.g. ColdSteel4600), buckling analysis programs (e.g. THIN-WALL-2) and/or finite element analysis programs (e.g. Strand7).
- Skills in engineering software development using VBA, VB.Net, C# and/or AutoLISP.
- Modelling and drafting skills in AutoCAD, Revit, Inventor and/or Solidworks.
- Member of the Institution of Engineers Australia, Chartered Engineer or eligible to apply.
- A good understanding of council regulations and relevant building codes e.g. NCC, AS/NZS 1170 series, AS/NZS 4600, AS 2870, AS 2159 and CCAA T48 is desirable.
- Experience within the shed or associated industries is desirable.
Together, we are part of the Fletcher Building Group. Our Australian division employs over 5,500 people across manufacturing, distribution, sales and retail sites across Australia.
If you want to work within a collaborative, results-focused environment with a strong team spirit, and you have the above experience, please apply today! We offer a supportive working environment and a great career development platform, both within Stramit and across the wider Fletcher Building Group.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.