Project Manager Civil – Wellington Branch
- Competitive salary + Company vehicle
- Lead your own team
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
This exciting role in our Wellington Branch will require the successful candidate to have a good understanding of civil construction. To succeed in this role, you must have a can-do attitude, take pride in your work and be willing to make a difference.
- Provide expertise in civil construction project management
- Develop efficient work teams
- Strong financial acumen utilising resources within margin
- Deliver projects on time and within budget
- Competent to construct, review and challenge tender submissions
- Manage strategic relationships with key stakeholders
- Manage project resources
- Integrate methodologies and desired outcomes with stakeholders and the design & construction teams.
- Identify and solve problems/faults in the field
Skills & Experience Required:
- BE, NZCE (Civil) or Diploma in Engineering or equivalent or near completion of diploma.
- Experience in civil construction/roading required,
- Commercial and cost control experience.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project and previous experience using RAMM.
- Being adaptable, flexible and having the capacity to cope with multiple issues.
- Commitment to the highest standards of health and safety
- The ability to lead and motivate teams to meet targets and objectives
- Set-out and quality control skills is also desirable for this position.
- Competitive Salary
- On-going training and development
- Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarships & share schemes.
How to Apply
Click on the apply button
Higgins Contractors is committed to providing a safe and drug free work place. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.