Class 5 driver
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
About the role
This is a permanent full time position based at our Auckland branch. We are in need of a professional driver, preferably with experience in carting Asphalt, metal and/or spoil. You will also need experience in driving a Transporter holding heavy plant & machinery.
- Solid experience in the driving heavy trucks, with road ranger transmission
- Class 5 licence is a must, holding a dangerous goods endorsement will be advantageous
- Experience driving a Transporter
- Experience hauling aggregates
- Good mechanical understanding of trucks and maintenance
- Commitment to a high standard of Health & Safety
- A reasonable level of physical fitness
- Self-motivation, a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
- Be a reliable, honest and flexible team-player
- Willingness to work weekends and nightshift as we run a 24/7 operation
What we offer:
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- On-going training and development
- Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarships & share schemes.
How to Apply Click the Apply Button
Higgins Contractors is committed to providing a safe and drug free work place. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.