Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
Our Christchurch Branch is looking for Labourers for our maintenance team. We are after someone who has experience in working with concrete in a civil construction environment.
What we're looking for:
- A positive can-do attitude
- Experience in Concrete work in the roading industry is essential
- Experience in surfacing, services, construction or maintenance preferable
- Experience in Excavator and Roller operation would be advantageous
- Class 1 licence is a must, Class 2 and WTR endorsements would be advantageous
- A reasonable level of physical fitness, due to the physical nature of the position
- Demonstrated ability, willingness and commitment to be multi-skilled and up-skilled
- Be a reliable, honest and flexible team-player
- You need to be able to work both day shift and night shift, including weekends.
- Competitive package
- On-going training and development
- Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarships & share schemes.
How to Apply
Up for your next career step? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Please apply directly online.
Higgins Contractors is committed to providing a safe and drug free work place. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.