Head of Structures
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:FCC Infrastructure
- Job Reference:FCI/27790
- Closing Date:31 May 2023
We are currently looking for an experienced engineer to lead our Structures Team! Reporting to the Engineering Services and Innovation Manager, you will be managing a team of Junior-Senior Design engineers. You will have a wealth of industry experience alongside a passion for leading people.
The Engineering Services Team at Fletcher Construction provide consulting services support to the wider construction teams across Major Projects, Brian Perry Civil and Higgins. Our diverse team specialise in temporary works and construction design and engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, CAD and Modelling, Surveying and industry innovation.
To find out more about the team click here
Come join the Engineering Services Team:
• Competitive salary + flexible working
• Opportunity for this role to be based in Auckland or Wellington
• Leadership role – grow and develop your team and the wider project portfolio
• Internal Career mobility – future opportunities to grow your career at Fletcher Construction and the wider Fletcher Building group of businesses
• Access to Fletchers Building Benefits Programme, including:
o A brand-new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
o FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds
o A significant portfolio of retail benefits across major NZ businesses such as ANZ, Z energy, PlaceMakers, Mico and Samsung.
What you will bring to the role:
• 10+ years in the Engineering industry
• 5+ years’ experience as a Structural Design Engineer in New Zealand
• Experience managing a team or a passion to develop in this space
• Experience of Temporary Works beneficial but not essential
• BE in Civil/Structural/Geotechnical Engineering + CPEng or working towards this
• Ideally you will have knowledge of temporary works construction practices and constructability innovation techniques
• Proven knowledge of AutoCAD
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• A self-driven approach with strong time-management
• Ability to engage and liaise with internal and external stakeholders
About Fletcher Construction
The Fletcher Construction Company is a strong family of connected businesses partnering with our customers to create places, spaces and networks that work for people.
Since 1909 our people have planned, built, maintained, and managed critical infrastructure and buildings to strengthen and serve our communities in New Zealand and the South Pacific. Our people enjoy career development programmes, cross-business advancement opportunities and a range of staff benefits which makes Fletcher an employer of choice.
To find out more about the team, click here