Fletcher Steel is New Zealand's leading importer, distributor and processor of steel representing Fletcher Building's Easysteel, Fletcher Reinforcing, Fletcher Wire Products, Dimond Roofing, Dimond Structural, Pacific CoilCoaters and CSP Pacific Brands. Everyday our products and our people influence the way we live and function in our cities and communities and we have over 800 employees across 30 sites from Whangarei to Invercargill.
Due to an internal promotion, we are looking for an enthusiastic Account Manager - Merchants to join our team! The primary purpose is to grow the sales of our products as well as nurturing existing relationships with our Merchant Accounts, servicing between Auckland and Waikato. Some of our key customers include Placemakers, Mitre10, ITM, Caters and Bunnings.
- Be able to tell us about your unique blend of skills, knowledge and experience and how you will add to our team
- Develop successful relationships with customers and team members that encourage positive change
- Naturally patient and a problem solver, who has the maturity to deal with complex, and high-pressured environments
- Passionate about the customer and ensuring they will return to us
- Genuine thirst to learn and become an expert in the products you sell and how they benefit our customers Effectively organise your time and balance priorities
- Resilience and persistence are in your DNA
- Drive and determination to achieve personal and business goals
What you’ll be doing:
- Actively managing existing customers and seeking new business within the Merchant Trade network
- Securing sales - travel the region to spend time with customers and internal teams to ensure we deliver to the customers’ requirements
- Providing the highest levels of customer service by being a strong problem solver
- Manage existing relationships and develop new ones
- Providing outstanding service to our customers
- Working towards, and exceeding targets and driving results
- Join a small successful team of people who have knowledge to share
- Develop a strong sales career within a challenging and fast-moving market
- Competitive package with market leading bonus potential
- Opportunities for career development that come with being part of the Fletcher Building Group
If you are a sales guru and want to know more, please apply today! Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and successful applicants will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.