Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. We employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and have access to over 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
Based in Auckland and part of a team of 4 reporting to our GM National Sales and Manufacturing, this is a challenging and satisfying opportunity for a National Key Account Manager to develop strategic partnerships servicing both commercial and large group home builders creating real value in their businesses. You will be naturally driven to identify new opportunities for business growth and offer customer solutions that exceed expectations ensuring PlaceMakers are, and remain, the preferred supplier.
With a proven account management background and a real passion for our industry you will be self-driven, have exceptional negotiation skills and be an impressive presenter of proposals. Due to the nature of this role, you will be a natural relationship builder that can communicate at all levels and genuinely enjoys being social and travelling as there will be a requirement for national and some international travel to meet customer requirements and company objectives.
To really understand our customers and to be successful in this role you will need to also demonstrate the following -
- A full understanding of building products and have networks in the New Zealand building industry
- A pven track record of business development, account management and retention
- You’re decisive and have the ability to introduce innovative ideas and strategies around customer value
- Excellent communication and relationship skills with leadership qualities
- Be self-motivated, results driven and customer focused
- Have a sound understanding of the business to business sales process along with the ability to influence and negotiate with senior stakeholders
So what’s in it for you?
This is a role where you can really make your mark and have a significant impact on sales at a National level, it’s high profile! You’ll earn a competitive salary plus an incentive bonus along with tools of the trade which includes a company vehicle. Don’t delay as this is a rare opportunity for a high performer to join a well-established and respected company that offers on-going training, support and many other benefits that come with being part of the wider Fletcher Building Group.
To express interest, please apply or for a confidential discussion contact Melissa Qiri on 0272460702
Please note: A full pre-employment medical, including a drug test are required as well as the legal right to work in NZ indefinitely.