We work closely with NZTA to deliver the requirements of the Network Outcomes Contract (NOC), which covers the Maintenance of the State Highways in a specified area. We are currently seeking support for the Road Maintenance Cyclic Crews in the Eastern Bay of Plenty area.
As part of the NOC Cyclic team based out of Te Kaha, you will spend time driving the network and completing required tasks throughout the day such as:
- Completing maintenance to schedule which requires walking and heavy lifting
- Identifying problems/faults in the field and appropriate solutions to rectify them
- Provide support to the Police and other emergency services 24/7 whenever an incident occurs on the network and it is deemed that our assistance is required
- Operating small plant and machinery
What we are looking for from you:
- Class 2 licence and WTR
- Basic Traffic Control, STMS Level 1 advantageous
- Experience in all aspects of Road Maintenance
- Being adaptable, flexible and having the capacity to cope with multiple issues
- Commitment to the highest standards of health and safety
- A reasonable level of fitness
- A positive attitude that will move heaven and earth to get the job done
This position does include night and weekend work so you would need to be flexible on this. Please note, you must be based in Te Kaha for this position so that you are available for call outs.
In return, we offer:
- Competitive hourly rates
- Ongoing training and development
- A team that cares about each other
- Opportunities to develop and grow your career
- Fletcher Benefits programme – includes access to an education fund for you and your family, share scheme and discounted health insurance
If all of the above sounds like a bit of you, please apply online.
You have an opportunity to become a part of a leading civil infrastructure company in New Zealand, as well as the wider Fletcher Building Group.
Higgins Contractors is committed to providing a safe and drug free work place. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.