We are on the hunt for a proactive, fully qualified and experienced Senior QS based in our Regional office in Port Moresby. Papa New Guinea is our cornerstone operation; the largest, the most complex and the most rewarding across the South Pacific.
About the role
You will be responsible for carrying out full contract servicing of projects including monitoring and reporting on the financial position of projects. You will manage project costs to achieve agreed or better levels of margin and profit for Fletcher Construction by controlling expenditure and optimising revenue recovery, while achieving the required standards for time, quality and service.
We require applicants who have industry experience in the commercial sector and have sound construction knowledge, ability to read and understand technical drawings, good computer skills and a positive can-do attitude.
We are looking for the following attributes and capabilities:
- Minimum ten years’ experience in an QS role and at least three years’ experience as Senior QS
- Proven experience in a large construction/multi project environment
- Experience in commercial risk management and procurement management
- Strong computer-based skills, particularly in programmes like Excel. Experience with estimating packages like CostX or Candy would be favourably viewed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A natural ability to search out and develop strong professional relationships with a range of people at varying levels.
This is an ideal opportunity for you to join a highly successful business unit within Fletcher Construction and deliver a fantastic project for the region. In this role, you will enjoy the benefits of working for a business unit where you will have the ability to make a difference and reap the rewards of your efforts.
Fletcher Construction has a division that has been operational in the South Pacific since 1946. With branches in; PNG, Fiji, Solomon Islands, Samoa, Vanuatu, Tonga and American Samoa, we’ve grown and solidified these international operations and have built a multitude of well-known Commercial / Infrastructure projects. In PNG these include Sir John Guise Stadium and Taurama Aquatic Centre, Grand Papua Apartments & Hotels and Jacksons International Airport.
How to Apply
If you are passionate, curious and keen to step up to the challenge, we want to talk to you! Click apply now to submit your application.