About Laminex Australia
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s fell in love with Vegemite, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home. We manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and acrylic solid surface so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
Nationally, we have a client base of approximately 6500 customers so we each take a geographical wedge and work together towards reducing the monthly National Debtors Portfolio.
As a Credit Officer, you will be responsible for the management of the complete accounts receivable process for the Western Australian debtor’s ledger. You will take ownership in delivering a high degree of service to our customers ensuring the timely collection and conversion of debtor’s ledger to cash, whilst minimising bad debts. This role will also see you follow up on any outstanding or unresolved credit claims.
This integral role is key to the success of our business with key responsibilities including:
- Minimising debts through collection of monies owed in line with our Credit Policy
- Foster an on-going, professional business relationship with your portfolio of customers
- Manage the reconciliation, credit requests, collection of funds and any ad hoc queries
To be successful in this role you will have previous experience in a similar role with a strong background in collections and reconciliation, be proactive and professional whilst ensuring best outcomes are achieved. You'll have a strong customer service ethic and outstanding communication skills along with a pleasant, approachable and professional manner.
- Experience managing a portfolio of debtors
- Professional and agreeable phone manner with good interpersonal skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills – Word & Excel
- Knowledge of ASIC, Equifax, PPSR and ABR database
- Sound knowledge of credit collection procedures and National Privacy Principles
- Understanding of the legal process in all states
With the backing of the Laminex and Fletcher building brand, coupled with a culture that values internal promotion, the opportunities for career growth and development in our organisation are endless.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions