We are team Iplex - we’re 195 strong and we’re highly passionate about delivering plastic pipeline systems in New Zealand. We have team members working in manufacturing and distribution in Palmerston North, Christchurch and Ashburton, with our commercial head office based in Auckland.
Our yard teams work hard to ensure that our high have quality products are despatched and delivered in full and on time.
Reporting to our Yard Manager, we are currently on the hunt for a Yard and Despatcher excited by the opportunity to join the Iplex team.
Hours for this role are Monday to Friday, afternoon shift.
About the role
The role’s primary responsibility is to ensure orders are accurately picked and delivered on time to our customers. You’ll enjoy variety in this dual position when you take on the tasks of the Despatcher to ensure continuity of the operation by ensuring orders are sequenced effectively to meet loading deadlines.
At times, you’ll receive, investigate and resolve customer queries from our Sales Support team in relation to potential errors, loading times or deliveries.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills/ experience:
• A sound knowledge of despatching processes, and loading/ unloading of trucks
• Ability to use Microsoft office and other computer programmes
• Strong communication skills – emails, phone and face to face
• A current Forkhoist Licence
• An understanding of safety practices in the workplace
• The ability to lift 25kgs and stand for extended periods of time
• Understand procedures to make decisions and sound problem-solving skills
• Ability to handle multiple priorities under time pressure
The successful candidate will enjoy the benefits which come with working for a well-regarded business, which values its staff as its biggest asset. The role will provide ongoing opportunities for succession and development across the Fletcher Building Group.
We’d love to have you join our team – please get in touch if this role sounds like your next opportunity!