About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an Afternoon Shift Manager to join us join us at our Perth Distribution Centre in Welshpool. In this role, you are to ensure the Warehouse is operated efficiently and effectively during the afternoon (3:00pm to 11:30pm) pick, pack and loading operation. This role ensures a culture and environment of zero harm is fostered and maintained
Key focuses & responsibilities will include:
This is a leadership role; hence this role sets the tone for the associated team. This role is required to establish a high performance culture by providing leadership, direction, motivation, coaching and support to direct reports and the overall warehouse teams:
- •Ensure that PIFOT (picked in full on time) is met so DIFOT (delivered in full on time) can be met.
- Maintain high levels of housekeeping standards
- In liaison with other warehouse staff, assist accuracy of inventory through stock cycle counting and stock-taking to achieve greater than KPI inventory accuracy.
- Accountable for pick, pack and load shift operations providing direct support to the Despatch teams
- Ensure safe, efficient and accurate operations to deliver the service delivery KPIs of PIFOT and DIFOT
- Responsible for the safe, efficient and effective resource planning for the shift operation
- Leadership and management of the Warehouse Afternoon Shift team to enable them to meet / exceed their KPI’s with a focus on continuous improvement.
We are after the following experience, skills & traits:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Warehousing / Logistic Operations.
- 3-5 years’ management / supervisory / coaching of warehousing / logistics personnel.
- Competent use of ASW and Microsoft Programs.
- Frontline Management or equivalent qualification
- Forklift License
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience in a bulk products warehouse (wood products/building industry beneficial).
This opportunity calls for a leader and strict safety obsessed professional. You will be joining a close-knit team that will be there for ongoing support and to help develop your career further.
In return you’ll be joining one of Australia’s most dynamic and respected brands. We’re a part of the Fletcher Building Group, with operations in Australia and New Zealand. The Fletcher Building family is a global community of people who celebrate each other’s experience, skills and individuality to create amazing work. With that, comes a lot of opportunity.
Come and build your career with us.