Health & Safety Advisor
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Environmental Health and Safety
- Business Group:Buildings
- Job Reference:FCB/10042502
- Closing Date:12 Feb 2022
The Fletcher Construction Company is a leading general contractor, delivering a wide range of projects nationwide. Work undertaken spans civil and industrial engineering and all aspects of commercial construction - including both main structures and interiors. Our Buildings division is well known in the New Zealand market, delivering impressive projects across New Zealand.
Covering 32,000m² site with seven floors, the New Zealand International Convention Centre (NZICC) will be NZ’s largest purpose-built convention centre and an iconic landmark of Auckland CBD to be delivered by Fletcher Construction in design build model.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate Health and Safety Advisor to become part of the project family and deliver this unique project together. In this site-based role, you will act as a trusted advisor to our line leaders, work alongside our staff, as well as with the diversity of subcontractors which we engage.
A key focus of the role will be aimed at coaching and developing both internal and external parties about H&S practise. This is a role ideally suited to those who are passionate about the health and safety of people and has the ability to relate to people from all walks of life, and as such, will be known for their strength in influencing people towards the positive uptake and adoption of the company’s health and safety management system and our ‘Protect’ Company Value.
Key attributes for the role will include excellent communication skills, the ability to build relationship with stakeholders across all levels, ability to coach and influence and ability to work under pressure and have resilience, a can-do attitude and most of all to be a team player across the project teams.
In addition, we require:
• Professional qualification in relevant field
• Proven experience in a similar H&S Advisor role
• Relevant experience in large and complex construction projects will be advantageous
• Strong knowledge of current trends and practices in health, safety and wellness and related legislation
• Proven experience in training or presenting ideas and procedures to staff
• Previous experience of sub-contractor management within the HSE field is desirable
• Clear thinker, able to identify opportunities and align others to a common approach
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proficient skills in MS Office
• A team player but also has the ability to work autonomously
Interested? We would love to hear from you.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.