- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Brian Perry Civil
- Job Reference:28902
- Closing Date:26 Jun 2023
Brian Perry Civil is in a strong growth period with long-term secured projects ready to start.
As part of the Fletcher Building group, we deliver a wide range of civil construction projects across New Zealand and the South Pacific, specialising in civil structures, 3 waters, ground improvement, foundations, and piling work.
We offer job security, career development, a comprehensive remuneration package, and a wide variety of work on nationally and locally significant projects. Our people are at the heart of our success, and we back them to be their best, expand their experience, and build their careers.
What are we looking for?
We need talented operators to work on our large, modern fleet of crawler cranes, mobile cranes and hydraulic piling rigs. Our secured pipeline of work in the Wellington region offers full-time employment, excellent development and exciting projects to contribute to, amongst working within a great supportive team environment.
We want people who:
- Are experienced operators of crawler cranes, mobile cranes or piling rigs
- Hold NZQA Unit Standards for the cranes or rigs you wish to apply for – ideally Class 2 and WTR (Wheels Tracks & Rollers)
- Are ideally experienced with piling attachments, both hydraulic and in freefall
- Are skilled in large diameter bored piling, continuous flight auger, and other techniques associated with foundations and ground improvements
- Operate cranes and rigs safely and will speak up if something is not right
- Can communicate well and work closely with the construction teams to ensure the most suitable lifting/piling methods and practices are used
- Take ownership and pride in the equipment you operate – meticulous in daily maintenance and inspections to keep them running at their best and safest.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive hourly rates, including 1.5 overtime after 44 hours
- The chance to join a passionate team that has some of the best gear on the market and have a good team culture where we enjoy celebrating our successes
- Our team is made up of long serving, dedicated, experienced Piling and Ground Engineering personnel who have delivered some of the most iconic Foundation Contracts in NZ.
- A real focus on a safe working environment with all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) & Planning to keep you safe at work.
- Unrivalled access to training to develop your skillset and propel your career forward – we have 3 full time Trainers working with our teams supported by our Learning & Development team who will provide the opportunity for your career to becoming a Rig & Crane Operator or Piling Supervisor
- Enrolled into NZ Certificate in Infrastructure for Piling & Deep Foundations, NZ Certificates in Cranes with Dogman Strand.
- Great employee discounts from Fletcher brands like Placemakers and Mico
- Access to grants from the Fletcher Employee Education Fund for you and your family
- A great team culture where we enjoy celebrating our successes
- Unrivalled access to training, development, and career progression
- Support to enrol with Industry Training Organisations to gain NZQA Trade Qualifications
- The opportunity to grow and develop in a supportive and award-winning team
Our strong safety and wellbeing focus reflects how much we value our people. We are committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace. Everyone joining our team is required to pass a drug and alcohol test before staring work.
All applicants should be New Zealand residents or hold a valid New Zealand work visa.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.