Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/32186
- Closing Date:29 Sep 2023
We are currently looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the Green Team. The Auckland team have a strong pipeline of work and you will have the opportunity to be exposed to a variety of projects over time.
• Competitive salary
• Sole Charge role - you will lead from the front with your strong commercial knowledge
• Ongoing training and development to help you reach your career goals
• Career development – opportunities to grow your career at Higgins and the wider Fletcher Building group of businesses
• Access to Fletchers Building Benefits Programme, including:
• A brand-new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
• FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds
• A significant portfolio of retail benefits across major NZ businesses such as ANZ, Z energy, PlaceMakers, Mico and Samsung.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• You will already be a Senior Quantity Surveyor or looking for the next step in your career
• As this is a sole charge role you need to be confident in managing a civil construction project from a commercial perspective
• Experience working in a contractor environment and based on project is highly sought after
• Proven commercial experience within roading / civil infrastructure construction
• A result focused, commercially astute outlook and a practical approach to problem solving
• Ability to handle a diverse workload, whilst finding creative and forward-thinking solutions
• Estimating and / or Quantity Surveying experience - technical qualifications preferred
• Proficient with CCS Candy or Benchmark, Microsoft Projects
• Solid understanding of contract administration
• Sound Contractual Knowledge especially NZS 3910:2013
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.