Yard & Drive Thru Team Member- Cromwell
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Customer Service
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:15 Jun 2023
About the role:
You’ll be responsible for delivering excellent service to our customers when they come through our yard and drive thru/pick up area where you will be dealing with our building trade customer base. Your energetic, outgoing nature and eye for detail will help you to ensure that our customers are receiving prompt, efficient service and sound advice while keeping safety at the forefront.
Daily you will be responsible for –
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Assisting within the yard & drive thru team picking orders, serving customers by loading and unloading vehicles, monitoring inventory and much more
- Processing customer orders and transactions
- Helping to co-ordinate our customer deliveries (dispatch assistance)
- Assisting as directed to ensure an efficient warehouse is maintained
- Operating a Forklift (Experience and Licence is not required, training can be provided)
A clean/ current Full NZ Drivers Licence is essential. Including experience operating a Forklift (Experience and F-endorsement is ideal).
The hourly rate for this role is between $25.00 to $30.00 p/h and will be dependant on experience.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous building or warehousing experience would be an advantage, what matters more is your positive attitude and willingness to learn
- With the role requiring a fair amount of heavy lifting, you will need to be physically fit and have solid Health & Safety values as you will play an active part in our commitment to providing a safe work environment.
- Enjoy building relationships with customers and you’re quick on your feet to solve any problems and ensure resolution
- You're always on the hunt for the next task to be completed.
About PlaceMakers and our Benefits
PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
We offer an Employee Education Fund (EEF), where funding can be obtained for employees and family members to study and/or extend their learning further
This role is working 40 hours per week, some weekend work will be required.
How to Apply
Opportunities like this do not come along very often and these are limited. To express your genuine interest please submit your CV for review and one of our team will get in contact to talk more!
Please note - A pre-employment medical, including a drug test will be required as well as being fully eligible to work in NZ indefinitely.
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.